Saturday, December 3, 2011

Keyboard vs. Pen.

So after many moments pondering to myself, or some say 'daydreaming,' I've decided that Im no longer feeling fulfilled by writing only in my journal and keeping so many thoughts to myself. My fortune cookie the other day was also a sign to push me a bit more to show my colors. There really is no issue with me being able to express myself to people in my everyday life, but sometimes some of my thoughts should remain private no matter how difficult that can actually be. As I've grown as a man, a gay man, gay man living in a large city, I've figured out many outlets to let my inside show and help brighten up the world around me. Its most of my struggles and darkest secrets that I put in to pen & paper to keep hidden away from the world. I need a new direction, a new source to express my thoughts as the journal no longer has the effect it had on me many years ago...in fact, I'm bored of it. I tried blogging a long time ago, and many distractions really sidetracked that. Now I feel I have more of a purpose, a voice and a direct line to many people, if only I put myself out there. 


I've recently heard that there are many schools in the US that are no longer teaching the art of 'handwriting cursive,' and truthfully that is extremely upsetting, and most importantly, its shocking.  What are they given to replace this? an Iphone? Are the pen & pencil companies experiencing a drop in sales? Anyways, don't want to get to sidetracked on this, and don't think that I could ever stop writing by hand, its just that for now, I'm going to focus more on a keyboard. ha. Even if nobody really ever reads any of my post, I know that its out there for the world. Once it leaves my finger tips I have no control as to what you do or don't do with the information. 


Please enjoy and remember to give a stranger a compliment. 

From my heart to your,
-Littleboyhercules

1 comment: